This is What I Did After Water spilled on my Laptop. | Spilled water on your laptop? Here’s how to fix it

https://www.howtogeek.com/thumbcache/2/200/e65c1f767915f09464137395917c340f/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/header.png


I'll try to keep this blog post "reader-friendly" as possible. Firstly, we must keep our electrical gadgets away from liquids. When the liquid (water) enters an electric circuit it causes circuit shorts. Mentioned below is what I did after water spilled on my laptop (eventually I got it to work)

One morning while I was writing an email to my cousin I left the Cup of Water on my working desk. Bymistakely my hand knocked on the Cup and almost a full cup of water spilled on my Laptop. Although as a person who works with technology, this was my personal experience. 
1) Immediately stop using the laptop and switch it off by holding the power button and remove the battery. 
This is very important. Please stop using the laptop further. Unplug the charger and any pen drives or gadgets that you might have inserted. If you were able to do this within the first 5 seconds after the water being spilled you can possibly save your  keyboard from being broken (I had to switch for a new keyboard)
2) Subsequently, turn your laptop upside-down and let the water flow out of the keyboard.
Keep it upside down for about half an hour and then follow the next step
3) Sun-dry your Laptop.
Please don't try those rice drying methods. Make sure to place your laptop upside-down and sun-dry your laptop. Please DONT keep it in the hot sun for a very long time. Half an hour would be sufficient.
4)Re-assemble and Confirm!
After all of the above, reassemble your Laptop and start using it.  Didn't work? Proceed for the Guaranteed solution below.

Give it to a repair shop!!
After trying the above methods and if the problem (Such as the laptop not starting up )still persists. Then your Laptop should have some hardware failure or motherboard short. So you will have to spend some Bucks and get it repaired. In my case, I had to replace my keyboard and repair the Laptop and it cost me approximately USD 42.78. Also, the shop took almost 1 week to repair the Laptop.

Safety Tip👲: 
Use a silicon keyboard cover on your Laptop to prevent from such damages in the future, In Shaa Allah.

Any Queries? Comment below. I'lltry y best to reply ASAP.

Comments